Tuesday 16 October 2018

Feed My People

Tonight we had all the kids scream when they saw us. We had 21 kids (age 2-13) at the drop in centre. 3 kids I have never seen before & 1 of the 3 is from a Myanmar people group that speaks another language. 

I started colouring with the younger kids then I was with the older kids. The older kids & I made a Thai meal for all the kids to eat. We fried 20 eggs, steamed then fried over 10 cups of rice, one package of balona & I brought a big chocolate banana cake. The kids ate everything. The other leader & I were in shock. Then I clued in that the kids are on 2 weeks school break. This means that they are not eating lunch & possibly breakfast too that the school usually provides for them. They were starving.

But the best was we served them all & expected them to just start eating. But, they just sat at the table waiting for us to come into the room. They said that we needed to pray for the food before they wanted to eat.