Tuesday 7 March 2017

Immigration

So I show up at immigration at 5:30am. Look at one line that is empty, then another at I am 9th in line. I am 10th in line from 5:30 until 8:15am. Next I get a call from the Thai foundation staff when she arrived telling me I was in the wrong line. I could have been 1st in line now 5th meaning I could still have 3 or more hours to wait.

But seriously all is good because I am able to have the time for a good Thai breakfast (chilied pork w rice), time to read the a book I have not had time for ("How to Pray" a Moody Classic), Teresa and the kids are at home waiting & memories of spending days/weeks to get visa stamps in years past I will never forget.

After immigration opened: I was 6th in line, felt really bad for 2 people who were in the wrong line & was given ticket #2. I am still confused how I was given ticket #2. Now I will only have to wait another hour.