Monday 21 November 2016

Natural Conversations

On Saturday we had a yard sale to get rid of the clutter in our home. When we had finished cleaning up we were able to spend some time with our Thai worship leader and his wife at our place before going to a famous noodle shop down the street to share a meal together.

Then on Sunday I had a great conversation with a friend at our Thai church who is a 1st generation Christian and new father. I shared what God has been teaching me over the past few years about the challenges/sacrifices God asks us (husbands/fathers) to do for our families. "To love is to give and to lead is to serve." I was honest in sharing that most of the time I have learned only after making many mistakes first and still sometimes forgetting and needing to humbly ask for forgiveness from my wife and children again. I am so thankful for my family's patience as I follow Jesus and they try to follow me, knowing there are days when I am hard to follow.

Knowledge can take seconds,
But wisdom takes many, many years.