Monday 15 July 2013

Humble & Dependant on God

Therefore, so that I would not become arrogant, a thorn in the flesh 
was given to me, a messenger of Satan to trouble me—so that I 
would not become arrogant. I asked the Lord three times about this,
that it would depart from me. But he said to me, “My grace is enough 
for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” So then, I will 
boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may 
reside in me. 10 Therefore I am content with weaknesses, with insults,
with troubles, with persecutions and difficulties for the sake of Christ, 
for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.
 2 Corinthians 12:7b-10 

6 Days until we leave for Thailand. 
We want to thank everyone for praying that our visas would arrive & they did last week. We have been busy spending time with family, friends and churches these last few days in Canada. We are so blessed to be surrounded by people who are praying & supporting us in so many ways. The excitement of going to Thailand is starting for me. 

For a month now we have already organized our 1st visitors when we arrive in Thailand. We were asked if 3 Mongolian pastors & an American missionary (a friend) could stay with us in September. We told them, "yes please come. We do not have a home in Thailand yet, but please come & stay with us." When Teresa & I told the kids. They were soooo excited that Mongolians will be staying with us. We all still miss Mongolia dearly. The kids said to us, "This is going to be awesome, The Mongolians will be able to come to Thailand & speak their own language. It's going to be awesome because we will still be able to speak Mongolian to others dad while we are in Thailand." 

It's been so encouraging already because so many family members, friends, churches & missionaries have said to us that they are coming to see, hear, encourage, help, serve with, rest & be challenged by Thailand & what God will do through us. 

Someone showed me a picture that I really like. It says:

Travel Light,
Live Light,
Spread the Light,
Be the Light.

Please pray for:
1. That our kids will have the courage to leave their family behind & see what God has for our future.
2. Grace for our extra bags (the cost) to take them.
3. That all of our bags (10 of them) make it to Thailand with us undamaged.
4. Safe travel to Thailand.
5. That we will be able to adjust to the heat.
6. That we are able to find a home that will best suit us & our guests.
7. Our kids starting school in August (they are a bit bummed) will go well.
8. The we are able to find a vehicle (we were told a family needs there).