Saturday 22 June 2013

Less than 1 month, but still no visa

We are less than 1 month away from leaving for Thailand, but still need our visa. Please pray for our visas. All of the paperwork is on it's way to us. I have been told that we should have all the paperwork from Thailand on Monday or Tuesday. Then we have to add things & send everything to the Thai Embassy in Ottawa to get our visas. Please pray that everything goes as planned & we are able to get our visas in the couple of weeks. It's getting close.

I am still travelling around Eastern/Atlantic Canada preaching at many different churches & am starting to feel tired. I have been preaching every weekend since April 1st, only having 1 weekend off & the other visiting people, family, friends in Toronto. I will finish preaching on June 30th. Our weekdays have been busy also. I have had many friends from Mongolia & the staff at ywam Chiang Mai reminding me to "make time" to rest before we arrive in Thailand when everything will be changing all at once for a long time.

Here is our living room today:


We have to pack our entire lives into 8 large suitcases (23kg each), 4 carry on suitcases, 1 computer bag & a purse.

I got a newsletter from a friend also serving in Asia & today is going to be a rough day. God has given me his heart for those overseas. I woke up the other day & realized that I was thinking in Mongolian. My heart is not here. It's overseas living, serving & sharing about Jesus to those who don't know him personally.

I am torn because I want to leave now so we can begin again the life that God has asked us to live, but want to spend as much time with friends & family as we can before we go. I will not miss Canada, but will miss many of the people that live in Canada.