Tuesday 8 October 2019

Real Life Learning


I want to thank you all for praying while I bused it down (15hrs total) to get our car and another 10 hrs to drive it back. The reason in Thailand driving takes so long is that you must go over every mountain. Never through any mountain.

God taught me soooo much that it would be difficult to share everything. The most important is this: the enemy of relationship is moving fast. The busier I am the less time I have to see other people let alone ask them who they are and how they are. Deep down people care more about who I am than what I am doing. 

I also learned that time is a gift and when God gives me more I will be more thankful for it and not frustrated. As an introvert I desperately needed quiet/alone time, but did get to know an awesome German couple vacationing in Thailand sitting next to me on the bus. They were extroverts and we talked for hours. When a natural time to stop talking came I used it. Then hours later at 12am our bus got a flat tyre (tire) which added 2 more hours to our ride. A gift of forced rest. 

In the past I was frustrated that my Thai is not good enough to be independent. In this small town people were so happy of my basic Thai and were always happy to help me. Trying to get on another local bus, that cost $1.10 for an hour trip and being the only foreigner people were shocked. But they were smiling after the shock wore off. They were so friendly. 

When you meet people where they are at, genuinely interested in them anger, fear and sadness fade. 

Also I was not able to go to the small resort to thank the Dutch owner and his Thai wife for driving my Mongolian friend and I many places to help us when the car was smashed. I said God what will I do? Then I drove an hour to a small town to go to a small Big C (supermarket). As I walked to the front door of the supermarket the Dutch resort owner and his wife walked out. Another gift, they were happy to see me & I was the same to see them.