Wednesday 21 November 2018

Smile in the Challenge

Well, started the day with our car not starting again. This is the 2nd shop because the 1st one did not fix it, but kept charging me more & more back in August. It finally worked then 1 month ago it started again. The usual is it's fixed for 4 days then stops again. Got on my bicycle to cycle to my office to meet my guys for mens morning prayer. Came home turned the key, nothing, 2nd time started. 

Drove to the shop & when I got out smiled & told the staff that it did not start this morning. 4 mechanics came over to the car smiling (because I was smiling) in disbelief. The 4 of them started going through everything that could be an issue & what they had already done. I popped the trunk to get my foldable bicycle out so I could cycle home. 

Also this week as I was going to print our newsletters to mail, my printer stopped working. The printer technician said to repair it would be $150.

I used to get so angry, but I have realized that it doesn't fix the broken things. I need to do what I can & trust God for the rest. I am not determined by my circumstances. It does get seriously frustrating, but have counted my blessings. We are all relatively healthy, give or take a cold once a year. We have my old beater '94 carola to get around & my trusty bicycle. There is so many things that could be much worse. 



"Our fight is not against people on earth but against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness, against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly world." Ephesians 6:12 NCV