Thursday 1 February 2018

Open Doors

Last night before the kids came I got on my hands & knees, to clean the whole drop in centre. My new staff member Juls (so happy to have) got organized by preparing colouring pages with colouring options & prepared some outside games. But, the funny thing was all they wanted to play with is the boardgames & puzzles I bought from Value Village & Frenchy's when we were back in Canada.

The kitchen is ready & I told the kids that Sunday evening we will have a 1st baking lesson. I am so excited because the most important repairs have been done & now I can focus on planning practical life skills to teach the kids. This is the relationship building part.

I also had a Thai young man who said that he can come after work some Thursdays to help with translation & Bible stories. I also last Sunday at my Thai church had a lady say that she wanted to help at the centre also. Please pray that she will also be able to help us regularly.

On Sunday my 2nd foreign staff member (a guy) will join us for the 1st time.

Thank-you all for your commitment to us & your prayers as the last 6 months have been a long journey of many challenges, questions & range of emotions.

Please continue to pray for us as some staff members will come & go for periods of time due to conferences & continuing education. Missionary life; a life that is constantly changing while keeping focused on the task that has been given to you.