Wednesday 22 February 2017

Dealing With My Heart

God yesterday & today has really challenged me & called into question why I serve people in my work (ministry), my friends & most importantly my family. He has shown me that my heart is messed up & that unless it changes things will continue to be difficult.  Please pray for me because I need my heart to deeply change forever. To love is to give, not receive.

The Determination to Serve


The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve… —Matthew 20:28


...But the chief motivation behind Paul’s service was not love for others but love for his Lord. If our devotion is to the cause of humanity, we will be quickly defeated and broken-hearted, since we will often be confronted with a great deal of ingratitude from other people. But if we are motivated by our love for God, no amount of ingratitude will be able to hinder us from serving one another.


...no matter how badly others may have treated Paul, they could never have treated him with the same degree of spite and hatred with which he had treated Jesus Christ. Once we realise that Jesus has served us even to the depths of our meagerness, our selfishness, and our sin, nothing we encounter from others will be able to exhaust our determination to serve others for His sake.


by Oswald Chambers