Thursday 28 January 2016

Thinking of Myself

I have been thinking for the past few days asking myself, Am I hurting Jesus in this way?:

"We all fell to the ground. Then I heard a voice speaking to me in the Hebrew language, saying, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? You are only hurting yourself by fighting me.’" Acts 26:14 NCV

Are you determined to have your own way in living for God?...Stubbornness & self-will will always stab Jesus Christ...Every time we stand on our own rights & insist that this is what we intend to do, we are persecuting Him. Whenever we rely on self-respect, we systematically disturb & grieve His Spirit.

"Accept my teachings and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives." Matthew 11:29 NCV

All I do should be based on a perfect oneness with Him, not a self-willed determination to be godly.

Oswald Chambers