Monday 11 January 2016

Life's Challenges

As they led Jesus away, Simon, a man from Cyrene, was coming in from the fields. They forced him to carry Jesus’ cross and to walk behind him. A large crowd of people was following Jesus, including some women who were sad and crying for him. But Jesus turned and said to them, “Women of Jerusalem, don’t cry for me. Cry for yourselves and for your children. The time is coming when people will say, ‘Blessed are the women who cannot have children and who have no babies to nurse.’…If they act like this now when life is good, what will happen when bad times come?”  Luke 23:26-31 NCV

This morning God challenged me to look at my life, knowing that it is fully blessed & that my life could be immeasurably worse. The immeasurably worse life/death/chaos could come & Jesus concern is, will I be a true follower of Him when or if this comes. This is when the true Christ like changed life shines through to others.

Preaching yesterday at our Thai church was a real challenge. My translator was amazing, but it is really difficult to have a flow from one point into another when you are having to stop every 2-3 sentences. It was an amazing learning experience for me & am thankful for our  pastor asking me to preach.

God is so gracious in when we feel things did not go well He overcomes it & uses the best you gave to speak clearly to people.

They said to him, “But we have only five loaves of bread and two fish.” Jesus said, “Bring the bread and the fish to me.”…All the people ate and were satisfied. Matthew 14:17,18 & 20 NCV