Sunday 19 April 2015

Offense

One of my mentors came over this morning to pick up his mobile phone that he forgot at our place. During our short time together he apologized for possibly offending me when we talked about some things over the weekend. I said, thanks but you did not offend me. Yesterday God used what you brought up/talked about to deal with some heavy things in my life. I told him that yesterday was a really hard day for me God was dealing with a lot of things from my past, years ago. So I thanked him for bringing those things up. I told him that he (age 55) offends me & my other mentor (age 74) offends me often & that is a good thing.

God uses all the offenses I feel to deal with & change my heart. Most times (for myself) I can change the word "offense" to "pride" & God has Serious words for pride. God's desire is humility.

I told my mentor that I will also offend him from time to time & I hope that is ok too.

"Anyone who loves learning accepts correction, but a person who hates being corrected is stupid. Proverbs 12:1 NCV"

"Those who refuse correction hate themselves, but those who accept correction gain understanding. Proverbs 15:32 NCV"