Friday 30 January 2015

I Will Not Fear The Fire

This morning as I started my time with God praying. He brought things that I needed to ask forgiveness for. There were things I asked to take charge of & in some cases forced myself over what God wanted in situations (in my mind & not). Pride being the biggest & a lack of love, encouragement & praise for those around me that I struggle with. Then He brought names of friends throughout the world to pray for.

In Daniel 3 these guys were willing to give up their lives to do what they knew was right because they knew that God was to be glorified, our created purpose. Whether or not He would save them from the fire, which they did believe He would.

I struggle from time to time trusting God for the miracle, but to completely move past the trust of the miracle to the place that I would proclaim God or do what is right no matter the consequences, for a minute or a lifetime. I truly believe this is the place God wants me to be. To be Christ like, willing to live for what is right knowing the miracle, but the consequences not effecting my choices. Even for me to die knowing that God is God. My choice to love, serve & glorify Him with my life is not based at all on what He does or does not do to/for me. My life is to be lived & that is to give Him glory.

God is so amazing because when I look at myself honestly I know my sinful desire is to glorify myself & do what I want.