Saturday 10 May 2014

Encourage One Another

Had another encouraging day today. Esme & I went to buy a bicycle for her. One the way I stopped to say "hi" to one of the Thai security guards that the kids school is in. I told him (in Thai) that "we were off to buy my daughter a bicycle." He was soooo excited & told me that "from now on I will not have to drive my daughter to school anymore. That way I could drive to my Thai language school everyday & will be able to stop on my way home to talk with him everyday." He laughing, & speaking so loudly in excitement.
It was so amazing for me see how excited he was.
I am friendly & spend time talking with all the Thai people in the villages that surround our community, the Thai security guards in our community & in the community the kids school is. I do this on my way to Thai classes & on the way home. I also have built good friendships (relationships) with all of the instructors at the Thai language school I go each day. Only the director of my Thai language school is a Christian, all of the other instructors are not.

"…encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:13

Each day I pray that God would give me a natural way to share with them that I love them deeply, care for them & am a Christian (Jesus follower). God is so faithful because He always does & the conversation is so natural with them. We all laugh, usually at me as I make many language mistakes, but they are always so happy to see me & want to talk.
One Thai family that I cycle by each day has been so happy to offer to teach me Chiang Mai Thai language when I have finished learning standard (Bangkok) Thai. I have gotten to see all the family, husband, father, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews & all their homes.
There is also a Thai security guard & a Thai police officer that help at a kindergarden I bicycle by each day. They say hello to me every time I pass by. The Thai police officer salutes me as a come close with a huge natural smile. The security guard runs out to see me saying "hello" with a huge natural smile also. I am praying that God will give me an opportunity to talk with both these men & get to know them more.
Please pray for all these people!
I was feeling discouraged one day about whether I have been making a difference for God's kingdom & God showed me that I have a following. My following is a group of about 30 Thai villagers, security guards, a policeman & language instructors. Of the 30 Thai's I know only 1 of them is already a Christian.
Please pray for another Thai security guard. Last week he went into hospital for neck surgery. He has spurs on some of his vertebrae. Please pray that all will be well with him & he can return to work & our friendship continue.
“Anyone who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty." Job 6:14