Thursday 3 April 2014

Prayer for Language

Prayer please. Tomorrow I am writing another Thai language exam on my last 4 months worth of Thai. The last 10 days I have been reviewing, reading 50 Thai vocab words & off the top of my head having to make up 3 sentences for each word. My head is so full, but want to write the test to see if I really understand.

In East Asia the school culture (know for sure Mongolia & Thailand) is usually that a students mark doesn't indicate whether the student knows the material or not. It indicates whether your teacher is a good one or not. This is really difficult when you have a great teacher (had amazing teachers in Mongolia) & your brain struggles to understand & know so much so fast.

I have already started praying for my Thai instructor. She is a great teacher.