Wednesday 15 January 2014

A place of rest

After Thai class I came home & sat down on my couch. I felt the nudge of the Holy Spirit asking me to take a few deep breathes & focus my mind on Him. As I did this everything that was in my mind (to do lists, stresses of the day, etc...) left my mind & felt I was in a place where God & I were alone.

I then very slowly started reading my devotional. Taking in each word as I felt God was really using these words for me to listen to. But, even more than just listen, to really meditate on. Here is what I highlighted

Jan 15

"For he who has once entered [God’s] rest also has ceased from
[the weariness and pain] of human labours, just as God rested
from those labours peculiarly His own." Hebrews 4:10 AMP

Each day we have certain purposes we wish to accomplish, & at the end of the day it is proper to rest, not only physically, but our souls also need a rest...Faith allows us to rest spiritually, mentally, & emotionally...We do not worry or reason, we are not upset or downcast, & we are not trying to make something happen that is not God's will-we are at rest!

Paul was singing in prison, Jesus prayed for people while being crucified. Joseph decided that if he was going to be a slave, he would be the best slave his owner ever had. And later Joseph decided that if he was going to be a prisoner (even though he did not commit a crime), he would be a prisoner with a good attitude.

We need to be honest about what the real cause of our stress is. Is it really our circumstances or in life, or is it the way we respond to the circumstances?...I ask you: Have you learned to sit & enter God's rest? We say we are trusting God, but there is no evidence of trust unless we stay seated in Christ.

Are you upset, worrying, or trying to make something happen? You don't have to be! God has a place of peace & rest for all for you, & all you have to do to enter His rest is put your trust in Him.

Meyer