Saturday 11 January 2014

Amazing time with God

I started my day a little tired knowing that I wanted & needed to spend some time with God. So I went up to my room to start praying & then was going to read my Bible. But Kiel needed help with his homework & came into my room, sat at the desk & continually asked me questions. I started getting frustrated, but knew I needed to be patient with him & continued to help him until he was finished. I then moved on to do some other things around the house. Finally I walked by our bathroom (squattie potty/shower) in the back of our house. I felt that I needed to open the door, but wasn't sure why. When I opened the door I was in shock as to what I saw (attached pictures)


I knew that I needed to clean this mess. As I was getting the cleaning supplies to clean I felt like God saying "ok Matt, now your ready & let's spend some time together as you clean this bathroom." When I started I was laughing in disbelieve how bad it was. God & I had the most amazing time together. I felt that we were laughing, talking, listening & singing together. I have not felt this close to Him in months. As I finished I didn't want our time to be finished so I cleaned the walls, floor & shower faucets a second time. I have never cleaned a bathroom so well. 


I am so thankful for God's faithfulness to remind me to always be humble as I serve him. When I humbly serve him he comes so close & we commune together. What a gift.

"It is absolutely clear that God has called you to a free life. Just make sure that you don’t use this freedom as an excuse to do whatever you want to do and destroy your freedom. Rather, use your freedom to serve one another in love; that’s how freedom grows. For everything we know about God’s Word is summed up in a single sentence: Love others as you love yourself. That’s an act of true freedom." Galatians 5:13-15a from The Message