Monday 25 March 2013

We are all messed up...

...needing all of God's grace, forgiveness, redemption & truth.

I was thinking about all the things that have happened throughout my life, but especially my childhood & realized that some times were totally crazy & at times messed up. I was a child still faithful to God (a Christian), but still sinful like Adam & Eve. I have seen many Christian counsellors in my life to help understand my world inside & out. I have had & still have many good Godly Christian mentors in my life. Many a little older & some much older than I. We spend time together walking alongside each other as we continue to live out the life that Jesus has called us to. Sometimes we go for hikes & sometimes we help each other if our weeks are busy. However, most times we talk a lot when we are together. We always spend time in quiet as we sit in the same room quieting our minds, humbling our hearts & most importantly hearing from God. Then after we have spend time listening in the same room, we pray for each other, our families & anything else God has told us to pray for.

I am asked to help, teach, lead & mentor others. Jesus has been teaching me especially this year, the depths of His leadership & how much of a humble servant that requires. His life, death & resurrection on earth showed it. 

God is love, true, faithful, merciful & forgiving. But always hates sin. That is why I always need him always. Life is hard, but the Joy that He has given me is indescribable & is worth it all.

Thank-you Jesus for the life that you have given me. I wish I could change most of it, but it's the life I have & am always filled with joy because you are with me no matter what.

A quote that I heard: 
"God will not protect you from something He can use to perfect you."


Luke 23:39-46
39 One of the criminals who were hanged there kept deriding  him and saying, “Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us!” 40 But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed have been condemned justly, for we are getting what we deserve for our deeds, but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 He replied, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

The Death of Jesus
44 It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, 45 while the sun’s light failed;and the curtain of the temple was torn in two. 46 Then Jesus, crying with a loud voice, said, “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” Having said this, he breathed his last.