Monday 21 January 2019

So Many New Things

I want to thank all of you for your prayers this week. We finished our 1st week with my new staff members & it was great. It was crazy full on too. I did not realize how many, meetings, emails, social media messages, creating ministry policies/other documents, weekly preparations are required & still attending the drop in centre when you are a ministry director. We now are opened 5 days a week & have 8 staff/volunteers coming & going. The awesome thing is 2 more people (a Thai & foreign) want to come as well. 

Managing a team of leaders is so very different than you being the leader with one other staff trying to do everything. All of the things the foundation said I needed, as the director to do in the past I could not do, but now with staff I can do. In the past I could only think/prepare for each day, now I can look & make plans for the future. I am so thankful for how God used the Arrow Leadership program to help prepare me for this change. arrowleadership.org 

I sent a message to my life coach last week saying that I need help navigating this new stage of life/ministry I am in. I need to create a life rhythm that is sustainable. 

As I was explaining to my son how things look now, still being at the centre. The kids still whenever they need anything yell "Met, Met!" Matt is very difficult for the kids to say so my name is Met. When they are hurt or something is wrong they still look to me, their grey haired father while at the centre. This will change in time as they start to trust the staff & volunteers. I am now able to be fully present & be the person watching things, making sure things are working/flowing & if something comes up can help solve any challenges or step in when needed. My son said that my relationship with the kids is changing like from a parent to a grandparent. I think he is right. 

Also I now have time to spend visiting the adults in the village. Having been around for over 4 years the kids parents & the other adults trust me with more personal things which is an honour. 

On another note the 8 year old boy came to the centre yesterday, had a smile on his face & seems to be doing well. We will continue to check up on his family so that they have what they need to transition without having a husband/father. Please continue to pray for them.