Friday 25 March 2016

Being enslaved is easy, but true freedom cost a lot

Today, is the day my Jesus gave His life for me & everyone who will believe.

Around 10am this morning I found myself sinking into this place of sadness, but did not know why. I watched a few minutes of a basketball game in the internet, but with 48 seconds let just turned it off. I then went out to the kitchen to finished washing the remaining dishes. As I was washing asked myself why I was feeling so sad. Then God reminded me that today was the day Jesus my Savour died on the cross. I keep thinking in my head that I am one of Jesus' followers & am watching Him walk along the path carrying the cross. Then as my life flashes before me see Him being nailed to the cross & moved into place with the other criminals.

Today is a day off, but not just a day off because it is the day Jesus, my friend, died. I am feeling the deep sadness & loss that comes with loosing a friend. This is the 1st time in my life that this feeling of sadness moved so deep into my heart. This is something I have never allowed myself to feel before, the real sadness of my Jesus dieing for me.

Matthew 27:32-56 records Jesus Death

At noon the whole country became dark, and the darkness lasted for three hours. bout three o’clock Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” This means, “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?” Matt 27:45-46 NCV