Sunday 27 September 2015

"But..."

My quiet time Today God lead me to Luke 9:57-62. To he honest this time God really challenged me so deeply like never before. Here is what I felt lead to highlight.

"...someone said to Jesus, “I will follow you any place you go.”
...Jesus said to another man, “Follow me!” But he said...But Jesus said to him
...You must go and tell about the kingdom of God.” Another man said, “I will follow you, Lord, but first let me go and say good-bye to my family.” Jesus said, “Anyone who begins to plow a field but keeps looking back is of no use in the kingdom of God.” Luke 9:57-62 NCV

Then I took out my Interlinear Greek New Testament & read this passage again with each word translated literally into English. What came shinning of the pages was the word "BUT" was used 9 times. Then God spoke very clearly to me using verse 62. This is what I clearly felt He said "you have been serving me, but if you keep looking behind you to your (the) past you will be of no use to My Kingdom. The past is what hinders the present & prevents change for your future. Leave what's in the past in the past. Look to me for your present & your future. It's about My glory & My kingdom. Look to Me."

In my life Satan has used & still continues to use the word "but" in my life to try to prevent me from the changes in my life that truely glorify Him.

In Christ Alone...