Friday 4 September 2015

An Opened Hand

21 Then David came to the two hundred men who had been too tired to follow him, who had stayed at the Besor Ravine. They came out to meet David and the people with him. When he came near, David greeted the men at the ravine.

22 But the evil men and troublemakers among those who followed David said, “Since these two hundred men didn’t go with us, we shouldn’t give them any of the things we recovered. Just let each man take his wife and children and go.”

23 David answered, “No, my brothers. Don’t do that after what the Lord has given us. He has protected us and given us the enemy who attacked us. 24 Who will listen to what you say? The share will be the same for the one who stayed with the supplies as for the one who went into battle. All will share alike.” 25 David made this an order and rule for Israel, which continues even today.
1 Samuel 30:21-25 NCV

It is God alone who gives us what we have not of our knowledge, connections, money, position, etc...ourselves. This is the biggest lie from Satan & our sinfulness. We are to share Jesus & all His blessings with others.

When I take the opened hand I hold out in front of me with everything & start to close it for myself God's new everything for me falls off my rounded, closed fingers. He is sad when I do this. I no longer can receive what God has for me. This is a life long wrestle I have with myself & Daddy, my heavenly Father (God) patiently watches to see my hand movements.