Sunday 8 March 2015

God is Challenging me with these words "fear not"

Words that are so simple, yet the depth of them are so hard. At my age I thin back to the years when I was younger & these 2 two words came out of my mouth so fast like a child. Now the depth of my life is so much deeper & there has been many more experiences. I know that the older we become the more grace God needs to give us because we naturally want to trust Him less. But, he still reminds me that no matter how old I become I will always be His child.

And so He always says to me, "Matt, fear not..." & I am always challenged to have the faith of a child.

"Fear not for I am with you..." Isaiah 41:10   

We had a great time this past week with some supporters. It was such a blessing to see them, hear more about their lives, hear how their children are doing, share some of our lives & take them to some great places here in Thailand.

This week we have 4 men with us. 2 are missionaries that came from Mongolia & the other 2 are older brothers of 1 of the missionaries. 1 of the missionary guys served short term (2 years) in a small town in Mongolia helping with a hockey program.

He said to this effect when he arrived in Mongolia, he would not want to stay in Mongolia & would not struggle when it was time to leave years later. He said leaving Mongolia this week was so hard. He did not want to leave & really hopes he can return in the future.

We said years ago & still say the exact same thing. 

Mongolia, so hard, at times deeply hated, yet so loved & has place in your heart forever.