Friday 15 August 2014

Refining Me

I was reading an article this morning & God was clearly reminding me "not" to do this to others.

Yesterday I was talking with another missionary who had just returned from their home country. I found myself being sucked into a conversation that was very critical of the Christians from their home country. I did not speak from experience, but was not the light I needed to be. When our conversation was finished & I got back into my car felt a heavy pressing of the Holy Spirit. I then asked God for forgiveness, spoke out loud saying back to God that His grace is big enough for everyone because we are all at different places in our lives. It's the Holy Spirit's job to change & convict His children. It's crystal clear when I am part or "not part" of a brother or sister's restoration. My requirement "always" as their brother is to pray honestly with joy for the changes the Holy Spirit will bring about in their lives.

God's grace is amazing because sometimes it's not easy.

“Don’t judge others, or you will be judged. You will be judged in the same way that you judge others, and the amount you give to others will be given to you. Matthew 7:1-2 NCV