Thursday 20 March 2014

Prayer, Change & Time

Please pray for me because I will be preaching a mini sermon tomorrow to the HIV TB Thai patients at the little rundown clinic I visit. God has challenged a part of my life that I think He wants me to share with the patients. It's a challenge because I want to give them something that they can apply to their lives as they live in a small rundown clinic with only a few people left & not much to do each day. I know that I can do nothing, it's only the Holy Spirit that can. I am only the vessel He uses if I am totally willing to rely on Him.

Please continue to pray for all of us. We are still going through culture shock here in Thailand. It's normal to go through culture shock 6 months to 1 year after arriving in a new country I have been told by many missionaries. Mainly I think we are tired of all the changes. 1 year 9 months ago we left our home, friends, our adopted family, our 2nd language & everything that we considered normal in Улаанбаатар Монгол. We moved back to Canada for a year home assignment, new everything (school, things, culture, friends, home & even family). Now we are in Northern Thailand another completely new culture, language, life.

Both kids this week while in bed as we were reading their devotions said that they were tired of everything & wanted to go back to their normal life. "You know dad, our lives in Mongolia, home." Walking along side our kids as they come to terms with the changes in their lives takes time. Something I think the developed world culture is losing; time.

Good things take time, especially a lasting relationship with God & others.