Monday 3 February 2014

Day to Day

Today Teresa & I will be showing around a blind, single missionary lady her new apartment & the community around her home. She was a missionary in Mongolia years before we arrived & sadly left just before we came to Mongolia. We now will be able to get to know her.

Please pray for Teresa she is having some mid back & abdominal pain for the past couple of days. She will go see our doctor to try to figure out why.

3 missionary ladies are coming to stay with us for a few days this week & we will host a meal for a ywam team from Oxford New Zealand next week.

My full-time Thai language studies are going well. Last week was good, but a little frustrating because I kept waking up multiple times each night saying Thai words & translating them between Mongolian & English. I am getting more comfortable speaking Thai & find that Thai's are understanding me more.

I am still visiting weekly the small Thai TB & HIV clinic/hospis. I enjoy the people & this past week one of the men when he saw me had a big smile. The sick are not scary, but beautiful. They just want to know others & especially Jesus cares about them.